Search Engine Marketing (SEM), also known as pay-per-click (PPC), is an extremely cost effective and highly accountable form of advertising, allowing advertisers to pay for greater prominence on search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Ninemsn.
It delivers pre-qualified users directly to your website and all activity can be fully tracked through to conversion for complete visibility into your Return on Investment (ROI).
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the art of optimising a website’s content, design, code, copy and links to increase its ranking in organic search engine results. SEO can dramatically increase free search engine traffic and is a highly cost effective and sustainable digital marketing channel.
SEO is no longer simply a matter of adding “meta tags” to a website; instead, the engines look at a large range of elements of a web site to determine its relevance and rank against certain keywords.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Ethical methods. Pixel Light only recommends ‘white hat’ techniques that conform to search engine guidelines and involve no deception.
- Experience. Collectively, our team has 40+ years’ search engine industry experience, built on vast range of SEO projects.
- Latest knowledge. Pixel Light advises clients on changes to search engine algorithms as they happen and interpret how this affects their website.
- Client education. We believe in transferring knowledge to clients so the SEO process is not a mystery.
- To deliver the largest number of qualified people to your website
- To increase the number of unique and repeat visitors
- To improve your website’s ranking on a broad range of keyword queries
- To convert visitors into customers
The research phase includes technical investigation, website & page-by-page analysis and search term analysis.
A benchmarking report is developed to allow accurate measurement of SEO success.
4. Technical Strategy
Pixel Light collaborates with you to establish a technical strategy that is compatible with your current website architecture and development methodologies.
5. Content Strategy
The content strategy focuses on optimising the content of the website, including top search terms by page and topic, sample page templates and word-by-word analysis of key pages.
6. Linking Strategy
Linking strategy is designed to maximise the contribution of internal and external links to the performance of the website in organic search results.
7. Development & Implementation
Pixel Light works closely with clients to assist and support the development and modification of new and existing content. This can include some or all development work being undertaken by Pixel Light.
8. Maintenance & Ongoing Support
Pixel Light provides recommendations and support to meet any significant changes undertaken by search engines. Our team is always available to answer questions or offer solutions.
Pixel Light provides ongoing monthly reports that cover all metrics and ensure the campaign is transparent and accountable.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Campaign Design. Development of campaigns with thousands of keywords & creative.
- Optimisation Methodologies. Sophisticated campaign optimisation strategies developed over 10 years.
- Client Goals. Singular focus on client goals and business objectives.
- Tracking & Reporting. All activity is fully tracked to facilitate ongoing optimisation & accountability.
- Transparency. All reported metrics match results within search engine accounts.
- Education. A commitment to education & information sharing.
- Integration. SEM can form part of a fully integrated digital marketing strategy.
1. Broad Reach
Campaigns are run on Google, Yahoo! Search Marketing and Sensis to provide 95%+ coverage of the Australian search market.
2. Keyword Clusters
Pixel Light generates thousands of keywords in groups of clusters to be used to trigger the campaign. Keywords are generated using search engine tools, research and the website.
3. Targeted Creative
Pixel Light writes custom creative or ads to match each keyword cluster, as users are more likely to click on ads that relate to their search term (rather than a single generic ad).
4. Relevant Landing Page
Pixel Light selects the best landing page for each keyword, so users land on the page that relates to their search (rather than land all users on the home page where they may not find what they are looking for).
5. Conversion Tracking
We track users beyond the original click to record their behaviour on the destination site - whether it be sales or registrations or leads - driving sales or leads rather than just traffic.
6. Analysis & Ongoing Optimisation
Campaigns are continuously optimised to improve performance, using metrics such as clicks, cost-per-click, conversions (sales, leads, etc), and cost-per-sale.
7. Monthly Reporting
Reports cover all metrics and ensure the campaign is transparent and accountable. Reports include a top level summary of performance & detailed results by engine, creative and keyword.